Nutty Scientists After School Programs are available to public and private schools, as well as associations. These popular hands-on activities offer a great learning value and encourage the active participation of children. Our Nutty Scientists are specially trained to simultaneously entertain and educate.
Nutty Scientists draws from an ever-expanding number of proprietary workshops and experiments, to create activities tailored to different age groups, from 4 to 12 years old.
We offer schools three separate STEAM programing opportunities – Science Shows, After School Programs, and In-Class Workshops.
Join us for an amazing Science Show with Nutty Scientists Hudson Valley delighting children with engaging scientific experiments. Our shows last one hour and can accommodate children ages 4-12. Our current programs are:
- THE ICE AGE SHOW : The kids will help our scientist overcome incredible challenges within the secret forest of Merlin the Wizard by performing amazing experiments. They will learn about the amazing properties of CO2 and dry ice getting to know about sublimation, chemical reactions, pressure, density, weight and osmosis.
- CAST AWAY: In this fun show, the Nutty Scientist gets lost on a desert island and the children will have to help him escape using science! Kids will learn about chemical reactions, changes in matter, the Newton’s Laws of Motion, electricity and much more, thanks to their participation in incredible experiments and amazing stories!
- MISSION TO SPACE: After being entrusted with a maximum security space mission, the Nutty Scientist will plan a mission to space using sophisticated techniques and crazy experiments. Kids will learn about the mysteries of space and planets in a fun way through their amazing adventures.
After School Programs / In-Class Workshops
- Perfectly planned after school programs.
- One hour of activity weekly, including an explanation, an experiment and a different hands-on activity.
- Instructors expertly trained in the Nutty Scientists methodology.
- Nutty Scientists provides all materials, so a normal classroom setting is all that’s needed.
- Membership items from Club Nutty Scientists (i.e. notebook, pen, diplomas).
- Progress and final reports to parents.
- Chemical Reactions
- Human Body
- Engineering Technology
- Observation and Senses
- Light and Color
- Properties of Matter
- Forces and Motion
- Energy and Electricity
- Earth Science
- Solar System
- Taking Care of the Earth
- Life Science
- Registration required (minimum attendance needed)
- For children 4 to 12 years old
- No cost to schools other than providing a space